31. new study says that going to_____ bed late is harmful to our health.
A.\ , \ B. A, \ C. A, the D. The, the
32. The three upstairs are too small to have enough for a double bed.
A. room, room B. room, rooms C. rooms, room D. rooms, rooms
33. --- How soon will we get the offer from a new high school?
--- about two months
A.In B. For C. Among D. During
34. Boxing Day, the 26th of December, got name from a time when many rich families gave boxes of gifts to poor people who had to work at Christmas.
A. it's B. its C. one's D. one
35. According to a survey, four out of five women do housework at home, but only
of men would do it.
A. four fifth B. four fifths C. two fifth D. two fifths
36.---My grandpa practices playing the guitar in the university for the elderly every day.
---Cool! It's never too old to learn.
A. hard B. hardly C. great D. greatly
37. China is getting more and more independent of western technology, it is leading in many fields, such as the self-driving car industry.
A.\ B.or C. but D. and
38. It is said that the number of forest parks in Guangdong to more than 1,000 so far.
A. increase B. increased C. has increased D. will increase
39. ---What do you think of the movie Operation Red Sea?
---Wonderful. I've never seen a movie than it.
A. more excited B. more exciting C. most excited D. most exciting
40.--- I saw the light of your room was still on at two o’clock last night.
---Oh,I___ a football match of the Russia World Cup.
A. watched B. was watched C. am watching D. was watching
41. ---Yuan Longping, a famous Chinese scientist, is now doing research on sea rice.
---If farmers start planting rice in salty water, China's food supply will surely rise.
A. can B. can’t C. must D. Mustn’t
42. After long years of war, many people in Syria are homeless. I think it important
a peaceful world.
A. build B. not build C. to build D. not to build
43. Many shops in China to shut down as a new law against ivory(象牙) trade came into effect on January 1st, 2018.
A. ordered B. didn't order C. were ordered D. werent ordered
44. ---Could you tell me you’d like me to pay you?
---You’d better use mobile payment. I don’t care it is Ali Pay or WeChat Pay.
A. how, whether B. how, why C. what, whether D. what, why
45. --- Would you mind my turning up the TV? The New Year concert has just begun.
---______ Just go ahead.
A. Please don’t B. Better not C. I’m afraid not D. Of course not
A wealthy man loved his son very much. As he wanted his son to lead a happy life, he decided to send him to see a wise old man for his advice on happiness.
When the old man learnt about his 46 , he handed the boy an empty bowl and said, “Go to the river miles away and 47 it with water. I will tell you about it 48 no water is spilt(洒) when you reach here.” Although the boy was very surprised at this, he had no choice but to 49 this task.
The boy 50 on foot for the river and some time later came back with a bowl of water. The old man asked him, “ Did you notice the beautiful flowers along the road and the birds singing in the tress?” The boy could say nothing about them because he gave his 51 attention to the bowl in his hands.
The old man smiled and said, “ Bring me 52 bowl of water, but this time enjoy the flowers and the singing of birds as well.”
When he returned, the boy was able to 53 everything he had seen to the old man. But when he looked down at his bowl, he found 54 that most water was gone. He forgot all about his bowl while enjoying the beautiful things along the road.
“ Well, young man,” the old man said. “Enjoy the beauty of the world, but never forget the water in your bowl. This is the 55 of happiness.”
46. A. research B. promise C. purpose D. experience
47. A. wash B. fill C. compare D. connect
48. A. If B. until C. unless D. while
49. A. put out B. pick out C. point out D. carry out
50. A. set off B. paid off C. got off D. kept off
51. A public B.weak C.quick D.full
52. A.any B.every C.another D.the other
53. A.change B.imagine C.examine D.describe
54. A.lazily B.sadly C.luckily D.excitedly
55. A.result B.cause C.secret D.decision
56. The danger that bees are facing is caused by .
A. beekeepers B. food production C. human activity D. other pollinators
57. The World Bee Day was created .
A. to advise people to keep healthy B. to help beekeepers sell more bee products
C. to celebrate the coming of spring D. to make people know the importance of bees
58. During the activities, you can learn all the following EXCEPT .
A. to make a candle B. to improve the quality of bees
C. to make tea and coffee D. to understand the dances of bees
59. Bill, a member of BIPC, and his 5-year-old son will pay for tickets to the activities.
A. 10 dollars B. 12 dollars C. 16 dollars D. 18 dollars
60. The money from the sales of tickets .
A .will be used to protect bees B. will make BIPC very rich
C. will be given to beekeepers D. will be spent on the celebrations
There's much to see under the sea, but you need to remember that light behaves differently in water than in air. The objects appear closer to you than they exactly are, You might find yourself reaching out to touch something and completely missing it.
Objects under water will appear larger than they would on the surface, too. Be careful not to tell any stories about the big fish that got away. That fish might not be so big after all! It's just because sometimes things can seem to be as much as about 33 percent bigger in water!
What's more, in deeper water, colors just don't seem as bright. In fact, it looks as if some colors are missing. Remember the color of an object results from the wavelengths(波长)of light hat are reflected(反射)from its surface. And light is taken in as it moves down through the water.
Swimmers wear wet suits to keep warm underwater. Lets take a bright red, yellow, and blue wet suit as an example. These colors are hard to miss on the surface of water. Watch carefully the changes in color as you descend in the water. The red part now looks almost black because the red light wavelengths, the longest among these three colors, are missing. As you go down deeper, the same thing will happen to the yellow part and in the end to the blue part. Even at a place of about 6 to 9 meters underwater, you will look terrible, like a ghost( 鬼怪) ! And you have to wait for your return to the surface to enjoy the bright colors again!
60. You miss the object underwater when you want to touch it because .
A.your eyesight is quite poor B. you are not quick enough
C.it is not as close as it seems D.it disappears very quickly
62. The example o the wet suit is used to explain the change of of an object underwater.
A. the size B. the color C. the position D. the weight
63. The underlined word "descend" probably means in Chinese in this passage.
A.上升 B.漂浮 C.屏息 D.下潜
64. Which of the following is true?
A. four-meter-long fish looks three meters long underwater.
B. The wavelengths of red light are longer than those of blue light.
C. Much water will be taken in by the swimmer deep in the water
D. You will see a ghost if you go as deep as 6 to 9 meters into the sea.
65. The best title of this passage is
A. The Standard of Color Underwater B. The Direction of Light Underwater
C. The Rightness of Color Underwater D. The Behavior of Light Underwater
Will Johnson has worked his way up the list of most popular stars in his country. In fact, it is
not surprising that Will is so successful if we know about his early life. Some valuable lessons he
learnt as a child have strongly influenced him ____ 71____ his later life. One of them was from his father ____ 72____was strict with him and his brother
Once, Will and his brother Harry ____ 73____ given a job to rebuild a broken brick(砖)wall in the yard. The wall was fifty feet ____ 74____ and around sixteen feet high. The boys had to mix concrete(水泥) and place only one brick at a time. They didn't know why their father gave them ____ 75____a huge job. ____ 76____, with the attitude(态度)of “one brick more”, both Will and Harry rebuilt the wall in ____ 77____ period of six month. Each time they are about to give up, their father ____ 78____ them up patiently. Both brothers were so sad about the job at ____ 79____, but after completing the task, they felt a sense of pride, and so did their father. Even today when Will thinks that he won’t be able to do something, he will look back to this experience and keep telling ____ 80____,“one brick more”.
假设你是上文“共享小图”海报中的Bryan Lim，经过三个月的运营之后，请你写封电子邮件给Todd Bol，谈谈你对“共享小图”的感受。内容包括：